Creating Jobs and Growing the Economy
In Congress, I will work to create an economy that works for everyone and not just the lobbyists and specials interests. Here’s my plan.
- Make sure everyone has access to high speed Internet to close the digital divide and help our rural economies grow.
- Raise the minimum wage to at least $12 an hour and index it to inflation so everyone who works can afford to feed their families.
- Only support trade deals that are fair to American workers, farmers and companies.
- Put more money in the pockets of our families by ensuring that women are given equal pay for their work.
- Create good-paying jobs by investing in infrastructure, new energy and technology.
- Expand access to credit for small business so they can have the capital they need to expand their businesses and create jobs.
- Fight for economic fairness to that we can lower the tax burden on middle class families.
- Oppose President Trump’s hiring freeze for federal workers that continues to do great harm to our community.